he wanted to love her, at least sometimes
unhealthy was an understatement for their relationship
he had warned her about his quick-temper
her perverse personality seemed to provoke him
harsher words were spoken each time
she swore he’d taught her to be more vicious
he blamed her but deep down knew
he’d turned to writing songs his whole life
poetic words said to her, some he meant
she held it inside until an argument
he knew she could smell most lines
he wanted to hate her, at least part of him did
somehow they’d see each other
he could kiss her and the look she gave him
sleepy eyes of longing for more was erotic
no woman had ask him to strangle her
especially not during intimacy
she begged him to, placing her tiny hand over his
tightening his grip around her throat
her sounds quieting, verge of blacking out
he couldn’t deny loving she was a freak with him
willingness to try anything with him was exciting
often afterward found himself wondering
had any man ever touched her with gentle caresses
such a touchy subject with her at times
last time he held her, he’d seen her surprise
as he ignored her pleading, imploring moans
taking his time, kissing all of her, slowly
feeling her body tense slightly, as if unsure
this petite, sensual creature looking innocent
afterward he caught the glistening of tears
1,000 times he’d made her cry over the phone
he knew she wouldn’t in front of him
later she swore it was a reaction
her eyes had filled up with happiness
told him how safe, how loved he made her feel
hearing in her voice the truth
part of him wanted to show her
she was secure in his arms, protected
another part of him needed her
hurting, aching with loneliness
while she demands to understand
@ donetta sifford 6-4-2013
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
- If your post doesn’t meet our requirements, please leave your link in the comments section, not in the linkz.
- Trifecta is open to everyone. Please join us.