This summer hasn’t been as eventful as last year. It seems as though last year, everything was happening back to back with my oldest going to 4-H camp for the first time, then a family reunion, a month of them being in N.C. with their father, a vacation in Pigeon Forge. With everything going on though, the days seemed to spread out. This summer has went by a bit faster for me with not much of anything eventful happening that was huge. Still I can think of 6 favorites so far.
1. My oldest daughter’s graduation from 5th grade kicked off the beginning of this summer. That moment was a favorite of mine, because of being proud of her, her father and I actually took a photo with our two children without any scratches or marks, and she looked gorgeous.
2. My god-daughter and her 1 1/2 year old son spent a week and 1/2 with me. It was fun having a baby that small around, while also knowing, that precious boy would be going home with his mommy.
3. Seeing an old friend I hadn’t seen for awhile and actually just hanging at the mall. Even having photos taken in the photo booth so he could take half and I take the other half.
4. My girls had once again went their father directly after school ended to participate in his wedding in N.C. Their return safely, 6 hours back to me, in Virginia was definitely a highlight. A month is too long.
5. Taking my two girls to the Monster Truck show for the 4th of July and watching the gorgeous fireworks afterwards with them. I actually took a lot of great shots from that event also. I am addicted to photos.
6. My oldest celebrated her 11th birthday at my cousins house. To just relax, cookout, enjoy cake, and getting her things she wanted was great. I also, as every birthday, bought my 7 year old some cool stuff. I can’t have a birthday for one and not at least get the other some type of gift.
There is my 6 so far. We are going to the fair tomorrow night and that is always a fun thing for me. To eat funnel cakes and then feel a tad nauseated from the rides and all the sounds. What’s not to love. Vacation is next month. I enjoy everyday in the summer honestly, though it has rained in my area an abnormal amount this year. Link up to Mama Kat and pick a prompt.
1.) Book review! What are you reading this summer?
2.) That one time you went camping.
3.) Capture a conversation you had with someone that made you laugh.
4.) List your top 6 favorite summer moments so far.
5.) Write a post inspired by the word: Coffee