Today’s Day 1 of Personal Excellence’s Gratitude Challenge. To kick off Day 1, start by writing/typing 10 things you are grateful for in your life. After this, finish up by listing 3 things you are grateful for today!
1. I am grateful for my two daughters. No matter how trying they can be at times with their different personalities.
2. I am grateful that my health is very good. I’ve had bad habits, such as smoking. I have also had habits that take a toll on anyone’s body and mind. Thankfully, my doctor says that at age 36, I am as healthy as I was when I was 16 years old.
3. I am grateful to own my home and the 2.5 acres of land it sits on. I grew up in this house, being raised by my grandparents. In 1999, my grandmother deeded the home to me. In 2000, she passed away. Had she not deeded the house to me, my mother would have sold it.
4. I am grateful for the opportunity to be able to take some college classes in the near future. The latest I plan on waiting is until spring. I have always had a passion for photos, so I decided I wanted to take a few photography classes. I may not make a lot of money taking photos of weddings, ect. but I will be doing something I love.
5. I am very grateful that I discovered Personal Excellence and began participating in the challenges Celes takes the time to prepare. I have gained a lot of insight on who I am. I have also learned a lot about exercise and eating right.
6. I am grateful that my boyfriend has work as a roofer. The economy has taken some major hits. Things take a toll on roofing without the economy. Such as, rain can ruin an entire week of work. Aside from the rain and things that cannot be prevented, he has had work since spring.
7. I am grateful for the friends I have. They have been there for me and there are times, I’m not sure what I would do without them.
8. With number 7 in place, I am grateful for friends I have made online and through blogging. I have some very insightful friends on Google+ that help me practice my poetry skills. I have met lovely people, a couple that just published their books. I met Celes online via Facebook.
9. I am grateful for having some of the struggles I have had. They have pushed me as a person and made me realize that I am strong and genuine. It’s a good thing to know about oneself, that when things seem hopeless, I can manage to do what has to be done.
10. I’m grateful for art in the form of music, poems, books, paintings, and anything creative. It’s easy to find the ugly of the world. Beautiful things need to be appreciated.
With my list of 10 things I am grateful for, now it’s time to reflect on 3 things I am grateful for today.
1. I am grateful today my two girls have open house at school. This year is different though. They will be attending different schools for the 1st time. My youngest will stay in elementary school and be headed into 3rd grade. My oldest will start her first year in middle school. It’s amazing how quickly they grow.
2. I am thankful and grateful that the sun is shining today and everything is going as it should without any mishaps.
3. I am very thankful to be having a yard sale this Saturday, where half of the proceeds, I will be donating to Relay for Life. We recently learned that my boyfriend’s mother has breast cancer. The treatments have been horrible on her. She is feeling a little bit better physically and mentally. Anything I can do to help The American Cancer Society, I feel grateful for.
So here is my Day 1 of the 14 Day Gratitude Challenge. Anyone who wants to sign-up and participate in this wonderful challenge, just go to The Announcement Page and let Celes know you’d like to join up!!