1. I am thankful the Autumn weather has been gorgeous here, sliding me and the girls into Walk-A-Thons and I will be the first to say, the weather not only does something to my natural curly/frizzy hair, it changes my mood too. Which hasn’t it been proven the sun makes people happier…………… which is what I use as an excuse in the summer to lay out. I know healthy skin versus bad mood…. lol
2. I am thankful to be participating in Olivia’s elementary school’s, Walk to Cure Diabetes. There is still time to donate online to her page by going to JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes. Every dollar can help. I know that people read about donating online until they are up to their ears in causes. I have always participated in Relay For Life and anything like that. I didn’t realize there was a Walk to Cure Diabetes. I think it’s something good her school is doing.
3. Back in 2003, which seems like a lifetime ago, I participated in Flylady challenges online. My oldest daughter was 1 years old and we resided in my house that I rent to someone now with the girls father. I was surprised when I looked up Flylady about a month ago and she is still bigger than ever. It may sound silly, but for me staying inside and doing house chores aren’t as bad when I’m following directions from a lady online everyday. I enjoy the task. The house stays cleaner. So, glad I found her again.
4. I am very excited that our fellow blogger, Hillary Grossman, published her memoir, Dangled Carat. She took some of her time and done an interview with me. Tune in tomorrow on here to read what wonderful answers she provided. You may be familiar with her at Feeling Beachie. If not, you should definitely check her blog out and her page about her memoir, Dangled Carat. She is having a great give-away to celebrate her book. Who doesn’t want to own a signed copy, receive a $25 gift card for Victoria Secrets, and a Sandi Rose CD?? Men, I’m sure you can find someone special to give the Victoria Secret’s gift card to. So, everyone check it out!! To date, I have done 3 interviews now with blog owners where I frequent because they have published their book. Lance has now published 2. Piper Punches published her book! Now, Hilary! I adored Lance’s first book, The Ballad of Helene Troy. I was fascinated by Hilary’s book, Dangled Carat because I am a huge fan of memoirs.
5. I know you guys get to hear about my Wandering Jew plant often. You’d have to understand the excitement that I actually haven’t killed a plant. The wonderful story that goes along with the plant. Add the fact my oldest daughter gave it to me for Mother’s Day in 2011 as just a cutting in a cup of water. I am happy to announce it has grown everywhere. I am now going to invest in a sturdy hanging pot. I’ll probably share photos maybe Wednesday for Wordless Wednesday.
6. I am thankful for all the support I received from you guys back in July when I was having to kick my tenant out of my grandmother’s home for damages. It was rough. I say my grandmother’s house but the fact is the house was the first my grandparents bought together, I grew up in it and lived there up until 2010. Then of course, just moving around a curve, into my boyfriend’s late grandmother’s home. My grandmother put the home in my name in 1999. I feel funny at time saying ‘my house’ still though. Anyway, it being my boyfriend’s step sister has caused some tension. However, I am happy to say, I finally have a new tenant residing there as of a few weeks ago. It will be her and her 24 year old son. The house looks great already. Painting the walls, and her sister is into home decor and has a knack for making things beautiful. Her sister actually done my flowers and coordinated my wedding when I was 18 years old. Gorgeous wedding. Too bad it was with the wrong guy. sigh.
7. I’m thankful I have gained a few more followers at my poetry blog on Blogger, My Constant Thoughts. This blog automatically sends my new post to Twitter. I suppose I do a lot of different things with this blog, such as this post now, interviews, and other things. I love both blogs. My Constant Thoughts is my baby though. I never shared my poetry much even with close friends. Then I joined Google+, a poetry community, and opened the blog. It’s like bearing my soul open. I even explained to Hilary during the interview that I try to keep Facebook separate from my blogs. I opened Facebook out of boredom in 2010. The thing is, honestly on my friends list, I would say over 200 know me in my everyday life. For some reason, I don’t want them reading my poems. I will direct them to this one sometimes. I feel like some will over analyze my poems. Moving on.
8. I am just thankful right now that the bills are paid. Money has been tight as it sometimes get. Which, I’m not rich, but we always have enough for things we need and sometimes things we want. I read all those blogs on saving back emergency funds. I have to say, I have no problem saving money. I also spend more than I should. So, I’m having to stay away from online stores and keep in mind that as fast as this year is flying by, Christmas will be here soon. I have been a stay at home mom since 2007. I am job searching at the moment. Wish me luck. There are several places that are hiring for seasonal work due to the holidays. I’m honestly crossing my fingers for Michael’s Arts and Crafts. 🙂
9. I am thankful for time spent with my daughters a couple days ago. I have a scrap book that I have owned since before children were thought of. I worked on it for quite awhile, then other things came along, and slowly my scrap book got put away. Though I love my photos and have boxes of them, albums full, and some packed in my hope chest. It was fun looking at photos of them when they were babies. So, we made some pages featuring just them as babies, then added a photo of all 3 of us together at the mall in 2011 in a photo booth. I head for the photo booth every time I’m at the mall. lol. This brings me to # 10.
10. I am thankful for my friendships. My best friend is actually my cousin. We have been together since diapers and living so close together the past 36 <ahem> almost 37 years, we are more like sisters. I found a photo of us together at my 3rd birthday party and scanned it to the computer to plaster on Facebook. I think I’ll end my Ten Things of Thankful with the photo I shared of us. She would have been 3 years old because her birthday is in July. My birthday is the end of November, so I was turning 3. That’s the lovely part of my birthday being late in the year…………I’m still 36 years old. lol. I started kindergarten at the age of 4. Graduated in July of 1994 at the age of 17. It has perks. 🙂
So, hop over to Considerings and let us know what you are thankful for………….and here are some photos. Everyone have a wonderful Sunday. Don’t forget to come check out my interview with Hilary Grossman on here tomorrow!!!