1. What lesson has failure taught you?
I would say failure at anything in my life has only made me practice more, keep trying to reach whatever goal I’m aiming at, and not to give up. I may not reach my goal in the way I thought or in the time I planned, but I will eventually get there. As Scarlett says in Gone With The Wind, “After all, tomorrow is another day.”
2. What decision are you glad you made?
I’m glad I made the decision to Donate My Birthday this year. I was late reading my email, so it’s a late start. There are two more days left until my birthday. Donating or helping with The American Cancer Society, Walk To Cure Diabetes, and The Relay For Life are very important to me. This past spring, my boyfriend’s mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and she is going through treatments right now that are making her very ill. It would be the best birthday ever if I did reach my goal of $100. I’m thankful for any donations at all.
3. I’ve been a little bit surprised to see fully lit and decorated Christmas trees popping up for the past several weeks in friend’s Instagram feeds. So tell the truth-is your tree up and decorated, and if so when did that happen? If not when will you be decking the halls?
My tree isn’t up. I would like to just get through Thanksgiving before rushing to Christmas. I will probably put my tree up the first week of December. My grandmother wouldn’t take our tree down when I was a child until after New Year’s Eve because of bad luck. I still do that as well.
4. Solitaire-poker-rummy-hearts-go fish-Old Maid…which game of cards would you most want to join?
I enjoy Poker, but Rummy is one of my favorite card games. My grandparents played it a lot and then in my teenage years I spent a lot of time playing it with my mom and step-father as well as my best friend and her mother. We usually had 4 people and played Partner Rummy.
5. This question comes to you courtesy of a Facebook friend, who once upon a time had a blog…When you’re feeling stressed do you snack a lot or are you more the ‘can’t eat’ type?
When I’m stressed I can’t eat a bite. The taste or smell of food makes me feel sick.
6. Have you ever reviewed a product or service online? Was your review favorable or less than favorable?
I recently reviewed Perfectly Posh. I received their sample of The Ritual face mask in the mail and since my skin is so sensitive, I figured if it didn’t break my face out horribly bad, then I may become a consultant in the near future. My review was very favorable. It didn’t break my face out. It didn’t even leave my face red or dry. It actually made my face feel very refreshed and soft. I’m definitely looking into becoming a consultant soon.
7. What was the best conversation you had yesterday?
My cousin/bestie had her birthday yesterday. Hers is on the 19th and mine the 22nd. She lives in Georgia now, but for the few years she lived in Virginia, we always celebrated together. So, I spoke with her because not only was it her birthday, she had went back to college a couple years ago and last night was her graduation. She has been through a lot and she has children. So, she decided at the age of around 27 to go back to further her education. She graduated her college with a 4.0 average. In fact, she received several awards because she maintained a 4.0 throughout her attendance. I am very proud of her.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I don’t have any rambling thoughts that I’m dying to share at this moment. The days and nights have grown colder, and I need to get started back on exercise. I will be 37 years old Friday. My birthday falls on Thanksgiving every so many years. It fell on Thanksgiving last year. It also falls on the day John F. Kennedy was assassinated in 1963. Anyone who wants to click the link above and donate to The American Cancer Society for my birthday, it is greatly appreciated! That’s all I have.
This was written for: Wednesday HodgePodge