Maybe it is March Madness………………….. I thought I’d lost my ability on WordPress to change my font color. After my blonde moment passed, I realized I had the “kitchen sink” hidden.
I can not believe it is March 21 st and I have not participated in Lizzi’s Ten Things of Thankful all month. (head hung in shame). Yesterday was the first day of spring and I have 10 things to be thankful for…………I hope.
1. I am thankful I can change colors on my fonts, though I know it drives some crazy, and on a professional level, I am never to do this. It’s fun though.
2. I am soooo thankful that today’s highs are going to be 66%!!!! Maybe I’m going “glass half full” but that’s close to 70 % and that means walking weather!!!! Now, I’m ignoring the cold front coming Sunday with snow and more wintery mix.
3. I am thankful for Banana Split Ice Cream Sandwiches. Yes, I’m trying to drop about 20 lbs, but they have to be better for me than brownies at night/ early morning. Plus Ice Cream is dairy product. Isn’t it funny how some people <ahem> can rationalize anything to explain a bad habit. lol
4. On a more serious note, I have lost 5 lbs. Weight hasn’t ever been an issue with me really. But add new bipolar meds with stress, and through in some wintery mix……………. for me equals I’ve gained a lot of weight. My goal is to get back down to 125 – 130 area for my height of 5’4 1/2. I’m off by 25 lbs at the moment.
5. I’m thankful for my sarcastic yet funny sense of humor. Laughter is the only way to deal with life for me. If I forget to laugh, I may start crying and never stop. My sense of humor allows me to say, “I’ve gained this ungodly amount of weight, didn’t weigh this much with either 2 pregnancies, but I’m working out more, spring is coming, I walked on a nice day last week, so I’m eating 2 of these banana split ice cream sandwiches and I don’t care who knows………..hahahahaha.”
6. This may sound silly to some, but my boyfriends grandmother passed away almost 2 years ago. His step-mother gave me a plant when I ask for another one. I have no green on my thumb at all. However, I have kept this plant alive for almost 2 years and didn’t know what it was. Then one day it sprouted a huge stem with an odd flower on the end. Of course, I hit up Google, and I have a Peace Lily. or a Sympathy Lily. But it is beautiful.
7. I am thankful for everyone that reads my blog, even when I don’t write in it everyday. I read almost everywhere that to be a successful writer one must write everyday, even if it’s 5 minutes, or 100 words. I’m afraid I don’t always stick with that and I’m not sure I agree. Although, I’m not published in anyway, unless you count my 2 blogs, Twitter, and Facebook. So, me not agreeing hasn’t proven the advice wrong. Still, I have some that do read my post and I’m grateful.
8. I’m grateful for my two daughters. They keep me on my toes. I’m also grateful for the true friends I have. Without them, I’d be lost.
9. I’m grateful or thankful for my love of books. I enjoy reading challenging books and learning. Though, I haven’t submitted any of my work to anyone since I was 18 years old and got burned on a poetry contest, that ended up costing me $75, I’m still hopeful that I will figure out how to put together and amazing cover letter and manuscript of my poetry. To be published in a credible Lit Mag would be a dream come true for me.
10. With all the bad that comes with Social Networks, I’m thankful for all the good I have found. Such as Lizzi’s blog and her Ten Things of Thankful. I fully intend to take the time to write 10 things I’m thankful for even if I don’t write anything else all week. It’s the little things that make me happy and to be able to reflect on 10 things that make me happy, as hard as it can be at times, puts life back into prospective for me. Everyone have a beautiful weekend!!!