- First, I am thankful that my girls got to spend time with their father in Jacksonville, N.C. and they also got to go to Orlando, Florida, so of course, a visit to Disney World.
2. I’m thankful they will be home in a couple days. School started here early, which was Friday. But their teachers were fine with them being on vacation.
3. I am thankful that I have all their school supplies ready.
4. Instead of complaining that our washer is not spinning out all the way, I’ll say, I’m thankful it can still be used. Hopefully until we can get another one. I was without a washer and dryer for several years. The things we can take for granted.
5. I’m thankful my cousin was released from jail after being incarcerated for over a year. I’ll leave it at that.
6. I’m thankful the weather is warming back up. We had 5 or 6 days straight rain and it was fall type weather. I’m not quite ready to tell summer goodbye yet. In my mind summer begins and ends with Memorial Day and Labor Day. I suppose because all the pools, lakes, ect open on Memorial Day and close on Labor Day weekend.
7. I finally broke down and submitted one of my poems to a lit mag. I have been wanting to for some time now and even though I just submitted it, I’m grateful I had the courage to do so.
8. I have come to a point where I know everyone’s advice is to write everyday. Even when I don’t feel like it. I am happy to accept the fact that I cannot write every single day. So, I can stop beating myself up about it so much.
9. I am very excited and happy that my god daughter has enrolled in college and this was her first week.
10. I am trying to do the 30 day Pilate challenge and hope I can stick to it. I’m grateful for the days I feel motivated.
Hop over to Considerings and tell us what you’re thankful for. My copying and pasting links isn’t working so well due to pop on my laptop, again. sigh.