I may have to run through this list pretty quick, but I’m thinking acknowledging some thankfulness is better than not. Sometimes, it’s a great effort, but worth it.
1. Thankful my daughters done excellent on their midterms!!
2. Thankful my boyfriend’s daughter had her baby last Tuesday, Ms. Annabelle Grace. Anyone on my Facebook page can see how amazingly beautiful this baby is.
3. My 8 year old’s first game, cheerleading for the same school I once cheered for, the Riverlawn Rams. She has so much energy and loves it. The Rams also won their first game. Now my oldest cheered when she was 8 and she was so adorable. But it was a hassle getting her to cheerleading practice. She enjoyed the games, but not the practice. The following year, she played softball and that was much more her style. Then her little sister played t-ball, but cheerleading is a strength for her.
4. Glad for the nice weather, although the nights are getting chilly and Autumn is settling in.
5. With Autumn settling in, I am thankful for the mountains I live in. The leaves will start changing and the Blue Ridge Mountains are spectacular. My favorite photos have been taken in the fall.
6. I was raised religious. I won’t go into that. I will only say that it effected how I feel now about religions and such. However, my granny always said, “When we’re down to nothing, that’s when God is up to something.” I’m finding that to be true.
7. Thankful for some of the amazing people in my life and thankful for the ones that weren’t so amazing. Everything can be turned into a lesson learned.
8. The saying, “do things for others, and you will feel good inside,” is very much true. Just little things can really make a difference in someone else’s life.
9. Wanting to go to a dentist, get my license back, and a few more goals are stressing me out. I believe I need to rethink things or stop trying to accomplish everything at once because I get so overwhelmed when I put too much on my plate.
10. Thankful that I’m trying to step out from writing poems and focus some on short stories and other genres. Hopefully, I will get better.
You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you. – John Bunyon