1. Share a diary entry from when you were younger…feel free to make one up!
2. You saw it on Pinterest…does it really work?
3. Write a poem, post or story where the last two words are ‘my friend’.
4. Listen. Write about what you hear, right now.
5. Share something you learned, bought, read, and cooked in November.
I’m joining Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop this week. I am going to go with # 4.
It is 4:10 a.m. here in Virginia. As I sit here typing this entry, I hear my computer humming, as it sometimes does when it’s been on for awhile. It’s a way to cool it down I guess. I hear the furnace that just kicked on, which is telling me as soon as I get finished with this post, I need to go put wood in our woodstove. My boyfriend has always left the t.v. playing at night to sleep to. I prefer a fan. I hear coming from the t.v. one of those early morning infomercials playing. I can’t hear exactly what’s being sold, but I hear the excited voice of a man, talking about a product, and the famous, “call now while supplies last and you can own yours for,” fading into the background. I hear my keys on the keyboard gently typing away at this post. I can type 45 wpm. That just popped into my mind from nowhere. These are familiar sounds that surround me right now. Time to get up and go tend to the stove. Go over to Mama Kat’s and link up with a prompt.