1. I am grateful to everyone who has served, still serves, and plans to serve in a branch of America’s military. They risk their lives when they don’t have too, and even if no one agrees with everything on the political side, we in America should all be thankful for our soldiers!
2. I am thankful that my best friend and I have spoken for the first time since October. We are related through marriages, and for all intent and purposes, she is my sister. We both mess up, get mad, but I have missed her horrible, and blood may be thick, but she chooses me as family, the same as I do her.
3. I am very sad that I planned on doing things with my girls this weekend, but their father had planned a beach trip and so I compromised when I truly wanted to be difficult. I am thankful they are okay, get to spend time with him, his mother, their aunt and cousin. I am thankful for them both.
4. I am 38 yrs old, and frankly, I have always been in what I consider long term relationships. The one I had to end had ran for 9 yrs. But back and forth for 15 yrs. I absolutely was not in a healthy relationship. My girls no longer felt safe. People can be judgemental but not all women stay because they are weak, scared, or believe they deserve to be treated with disrespect. I was trying to keep my girls happy while I was miserable. I had to get out of it and it’s not been easy. His family’s involvement, moving my life out of his house, and it felt like such a waste of half my life. But then I realized I am thankful I finally told my girls, I stayed with him 2 yrs longer than I should have, trying to keep them from hurting. But I needed them to know a man does not treat a woman that way, so lead by example. I’m thankful I made the decision.
5. This is in reference to # 4 – I decided I had to get out of the mess I was in, stop trying to hide behind my bipolar disorder to avoid life, and make a change positive for my girls. Along the way a friend was by my side. Actually, he tried being there, but I was worried over the problems it would cause. As this man made me laugh, after walking in and seeing me crying over my now ex, and as he showed me compassion, understanding, and how someone should treat me, I realized this man was more to me than a friend. He became my best friend, but I wanted more. He give me time. And then hearing him say he loved me, I am so thankful I found love again, because I was jaded and done.
6. I am thankful for the people in my life that have still stuck around.
7. I am thankful that I have been inspired to show both my blogs attention. Depression and writer’s block took their toll.
8. I am thankful for everyday that I get a chance to become stronger.
9. I’m thankful to all of you wonderful people who take the time to read this and comment. It means a lot.
10. I am thankful that I can sometimes remember to reflect on the good instead of all the bad and it turns out, my blessings outweigh the negative.
Shout out to Lizzi and her TTOT. You show strength by being thankful and keeping up with your blog. I admire your strength through the hard times and hope for you to have happy roads ahead.