I’ve missed 8 days but I will go ahead and begin. So here’s my thoughts on problems with social media.
1. People tune into social medias and even if they talk to family and friends everyday via social medias, they miss out on face to face interaction with others.
2. Raising children is such a joy and scary as well. We want to protect our children from getting bullied, hanging with the wrong crowds, being used, and anything harmful. Social media makes it easy for children to be bullied sitting in their home. It’s easy to join a group or even a dating site that may lead to a dangerous situation.
3. It’s not hard to begin to turn to social media for validation. How many people like our selfie, how many people retweeted our tweet? Did someone comment? This happens to everyone.
4. Social media is where people get information. The days of waiting on the local news or buying a newspaper are losing popularity. This doesn’t mean the information is correct. So many sites are bogus. Then people hit share and spread false information.
5. I know progress and technology has came a long way since I was born in 1976. It’s amazing. I think people should take a break from having everything at their fingertips. Go shopping instead of ordering it offline. Write a close friend a letter rather than an email. Maybe I’m just being sentimental.
Does anyone else believe these things are a problem or does anyone have anything to add?