7 Things That Bring Me Joy…….
(I decided on doing 7 Things of Christmas that bring me joy….)
- I love sending out and receiving Christmas cards from family and friends during the holidays. It’s usually how I kick off the Holiday Season!
- Buying or making a new “special family” ornament to go on the tree each year. I have some that belonged to my grandma. Some she kept I made her in school in 1981. My daughters’ ornaments from school. Each year I add to this wonderful collection.
- Listening to my favorite Holiday music while decorating the tree is always a joy. Especially Mariah Carey’s song “All I Want For Christmas Is You.”
- Watching Christmas movies and cartoons with my children. My two favorites being “The Christmas Story” and “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.”
- I love wrapping the gifts and I have vowed for years to do a homemade Christmas gift such as DIY Body Srubs. I haven’t yet but the idea brings me joy.
- I am not a regular at church although I do have my own faith. I loved being in Christmas plays as a child so I enjoy going to church to watch my children, cousins, and all the kids putting on a Christmas play for church about the birth of Christ.
- I love the spirit of giving and the joy of others when they receive a gift they love. The Angel Trees, the Santas at the mall, the Salvation Army making Christmas wishes come true, and the feeling of peace and goodwill towards others. This should be the sentiment all year but Christmas seems to turn the Scrooges into Saints.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL AND I HOPE THIS YEAR BRINGS EVERYONE JOY THAT CONTINUES INTO THE NEW YEAR AND LONG AFTER THE FESTIVITIES ARE OVER!!!
YOU CAN LINK TO MAMA KAT’S WRITING PROMPTS ON THURSDAY. HEAD ON OVER AND CHOOSE YOUR PROMPT.
I am so glad that I found TToT being held on Lizzi’s page! I’d like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. For those who don’t celebrate or have different religion or lack of, I’d like to say hope you still enjoy the Holiday spirit and family.
I won’t go into why I really should do TTofT. Long, boring story. Honestly, I don’t feel it this year, which has flown by anyway. I don’t have a big family, or rather all my immediate family has passed away and I celebrate because of my girls. Their father did come in from North Carolina and has them for tonight. They also got to spend last night with their grandfather, his father. Today they got to go to my boyfriend’s mom’s home for dinner and presents. I declined going this year. I’d rather be left alone. But I will do my TTofT.
1. I am thankful that my girls are having a great Christmas so far and my best friend, Sissy bought my oldest daughter a new bed she has been wanting for quite awhile now. We spent the day putting it together while the girls were with my boyfriend. We finally got it after putting the headboard on backwards about 3 times and having to unscrew it, again, and again. It has the memory foam spa mattress. Very comfortable.
2. I am very thankful for my best friend’s hubby who takes the time out of his busy work schedule to carve us ornaments. I always get special ornaments each year for our tree. I have an angel ornament that belonged to my grandmother, an ornament I made her in kindergarten year 1981, another angel my bestie made me, a stocking a dear friend made me in 1991, and ornaments with names, ornaments from The Christmas Place in Tennessee, and ornaments the girls have made each year in school.
3. I’m thankful I was able to buy my girls what they wanted for the most part, and grab my friends some gifts.
4. I am thankful their father came up from N.C. because he didn’t think he was going to get to. So, they get to spend the night and spend time with their half brother, who turned 4 in November, and their step sisters.
5. I am happy for music because sometimes how I feel, I cannot express in words, not even in my poems. So, it seems like I can find a song that was written for me. Matchbox 20 seems to have written my life soundtrack.
6. I am thankful for a few nice gifts I received. Not because I received gifts, but because of who gave me something and it made me feel good that they took the time for the gesture.
7. I am thankful the weather hasn’t been too harsh, but we have had some cold days when the wood stove feels marvelous. We’ve also had some fairly nice days that I don’t need a jacket. Mother Nature seems to be bipolar around this area.
8. I am thankful that I may have the opportunity to sell Perfectly Posh. I had a sample in the mail of the facial mask, The Ritual. I have very sensitive skin so I have to be careful what products I apply to my face. After I tried this mask, my face felt so clean, refreshed, and soft. There wasn’t even a hint of redness. So, this is a product I can get behind. They have facial products, hand products for fingernails, cuticles, foot scrubs, body scrubs, bath salts, and other products that seem wonderful. They also opened a line for teenagers with different face wash products. The products have all natural things in them. I sold Beauti Control make-up in 2004 or so, and I did quite well. However, living in a small town, there were other consultants and it made sales hard. I done better online with sales. I am happy to say that nobody is selling Perfectly Posh in my area and I have alrealydy had some neighbors wanting to try the product and willing to host a party for me. So, when I begin selling the product in January, I’m sure you’ll see the link to my web address a lot. 🙂
9. I am happy with and thankful for buying the book, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath. It was a wonderful look into her life beginning at 18 years old when she began at Smith College and read on the pages the transition from a young, somewhat sheltered girl into a brilliant woman with a strong passion for living and a tragic obsession with death.
10. I am so thankful for everyone I have met in the Blogsphere, and I am so glad to have seen on another blog that TToT was going on. As I first stated, the Christmas spirit and being merry just isn’t on my agenda. So, I’m irritable, then want to curl up and cry. I am bipolar myself, but medicated. I’m not sure where this moodiness has came from. Maybe the stress of gifts, then school field trips, Holiday parties, photos and all of this of course cost money. Then bills, and just being stuck in the house a lot has left me feeling the blues. So thank you Lizzi.
This wraps it up for my TTofT and for some reason the internet and cable have went out, so I cannot add photos into this post right now, nor can I publish it. As soon as things are running again, I’ll post this. The lack of cable and internet seems to add to my mood of ‘meh’. or bah humbug.
<Blogger’s Sidenote: It is 5:27 a.m. and I just took a shower. Played Santa. And The Cable/Internet is back on! yay. Cause I do love watching “The Christmas Story” (you’ll put your eye out kid).>
I remembered to do my Ten Things of Thankful for Considerings! So, glad Lizzi and everyone else visits when I do stop and reflect on all the good things, rather than the craziness of life. So, here we go:
1. I’m thankful that my oldest daughter is feeling much better. She was sick this morning and running a fever. After sleeping most of the day, she finally felt like getting up and eating a little this evening. She’s resting again but feeling more like herself.
2. I am thankful that I have all my Christmas shopping done, with the exception of some stocking stuffers and a few minor items.
3. I am grateful the past few days have been very nice. It was around 70 degrees earlier. Now the cold front is coming and fast…………. freezing rain and highs back down to about 32 degrees. Brrr. But these nice days have been, well, nice. lol. Though I think the heat and sudden drop back to cold is what has caused a lot of people I know to begin sniffling and not feeling good.
4. I am thankful that I have the house well on it’s way to being more organized. Not quite as much as I’d like, but with me being bipolar, a bit of chaos is to be expected. There is a such thing as too organized for me.
5. Ah, I’m glad my laptop is still working. I was trying to sign my youngest daughter’s field trip slip because her 2nd grade class will be going to see The Nutcracker play at Va. Tech. (home of the Hokies). While trying to hurry and get the slip signed and money together in an envelope for her, my hand hit my glass of tea which spilled beside and behind my computer. Some got on top while the rest ran underneath and behind my desk into the floor. I ran through the house to grab a cleaning rag and a bottle of Windex with Vinegar in it and luckily once the tea was cleaned up, my laptop isn’t damaged.
6. I’m thankful my best friend is crashing with me a few days. It’s nice to have her around. It is so hard to let people stay with you for a period of time or at least me. I’ve over the years let people stay with me because of various reasons and I’ve stayed with friends for various reasons. Recently, I allowed my cousin’s girlfriend and their 2 children to stay with me. I explained to her that I’m OCD, emerging two families is sometimes very uncomfortable. My best friend and I have been together since diapers so it’s not weird with her here. It’s natural and comfortable.
7. I’m thankful that I have been getting a great deal of sleep the past week. That’s doesn’t sound like too much but if anyone reading this has ever suffered from insomnia, then you must understand how little sleep comes and how getting decent sleep is a blessing. I have had insomnia since I was young. Some of the medication I take does help. Then sometimes it doesn’t. So, if I can get this typed while it’s 11:30 p.m. and be in bed before 12:30 a.m. then that’s a wonderful feeling. My eyes are already feeling droopy. I won’t miss TTofT again though.
8. I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to purchase and read “The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath.” As I try to grow in my writing ability and move closer to submitting some of my poetry to Lit Mags, I have learned to appreciate Plath a lot more. Reading her journals and seeing in her own words how she grew and transformed from a girl of 18 going off to college, to a woman with published work, was fascinating.
9. Applying to #8, I am thankful that all of my journals are still in order. Some from when I was growing up and on until the one I keep now. I like reading back over them, finding poems or drafts for poems in them. I also enjoy seeing my changes from even 5 years ago until now. I still keep a handwritten journal. The computer has a journal template built into it. Then there’s Evernote which is great. There is just something so refreshing to me when I open up a book of pages with the lines blank and the way the pages smell and watching my handwriting wrap across the page. Same reason i love buying books and keeping them. I don’t read a lot online. I mean, I do read news, blogs,ect. but I don’t like reading a book online. With a few exceptions, I’d rather have the paper book.
10. Speaking of handwriting, it popped in my mind that I am thankful for the perfect Christmas/Holiday cards I bought early this year. I’m getting ready to fill them out this weekend. Mailing cards with my signature, the girls, and sometimes even my boyfriend’s, is so simple, yet such a wonderful thing this time of year. I enjoy receiving cards and hanging them up around the tree,which reminds me, we’re putting up the tree tomorrow.
So, that wraps up my Ten Things of Thankful. I’m grateful for the wonderful people I have met during my time in the blog world. It’s been a little over a year since I began my blog on Blogger with my poems. This blog came 2nd. They both have good and bad sides. I ask on Facebook every year about who wants a card mailed to them. I have had a huge amount of people that inboxed their address to me. It was awesome. I need to do that tomorrow. So, with that being said, if anyone on here wants a card for the holidays from me, then please email me you address. The cards are my favorite gesture of kindness. Everyone have a wonderful weekend and hope this week has brought you all lots of things to be thankful for.
This is for Considerings, Ten Things of Thankful.
1. Thankful that my oldest daughter wants to help with dishes in a minute. Very cool. She volunteered!!
2. Thankful I’m getting a Chiwawa puppy in 3 weeks.
3. Thankful for all the people I have met through blogging. I have met some people whom I considered friends and I’m honored they allow me to be in their life.
4. Thankful for music I just discovered. I love any genre of music as long as it makes me feel something. Apparently, this is not new music, but I hadn’t heard it before and this is the new album. The National singing ‘Graceless’. It touches my soul.
5. Thankful that both children are still enjoying school even though it’s going on the 3rd week.
6. Thankful because an idea popped in my head yesterday. I think I have shown photos on here of the Wandering Jew plant my oldest daughter gave me for Mother’s Day in 2011. It is growing wonderfully, which is a surprise because I normally don’t have a green thumb. My idea was to take some of my starters that I was getting ready to plant back into my pot, and get two pots to get them started new. Then by Christmas they should be a decent size and I am giving one to my boyfriend’s mother and one to his sister-n-law. I know they will appreciate the thought as well as the beauty of the plant.
7. Thankful it’s Labor Day weekend so the girls and I both have an extra day to sleep in.
8. Thankful I have gotten back into yoga and meditation. It really does the mind and body good.
9. Thankful the Vans tennis shoes I ordered the girls a week before school started finally came in Tuesday so they could wear them to school.
10. Thankful today has been a stress free day, though I haven’t done much of anything.
- I never ___
- ____ is hard for me
- My favorite place is ____ to vacation in the ____because
- The best concert I’ve seen was ___in ____because__
My answers are:
1. I never pick up a penny with tails showing.
2. Preparing a manuscript is hard for me.
3. My favorite place is Pigeon Forge to vacation in the winter because they have so many Christmas events going on.
4. The best concert I’ve ever seen was Matchbox 20 in Knoxville because it was 1999 and they were fresh, young, and still awesome today.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...