Ah. I made it this weekend to reunite with Ten Things of Thankful and realized, life sometimes just sucks, so I really need to stick to TTofT. Even writing one a day in my paper journal. <still love a clean sheet of paper and an awesome pen>
1. I got to spend time with my daughters Tuesday. Yes, I let them skip a day of school. However, their grades are exceptional, they rarely miss days ‘just cause’ and it’s almost the end of the 1st 9 weeks. So, since they both were in dire need of ‘Autumn/Winter is coming’ clothes, we went to the mall and shopped. Found an awesome store for my 7 year old. It’s The Children’s Place. I don’t know how I missed this store, but my 7 year old is built a lot like I was growing up. Slim and no hips to hold her jeans up but long legs so a size that may fit her waist, will look like ‘high waters’. This store had clothes that looked amazing on her!
2. This weekend is the Newbern Festival that I’ve mentioned a trillion times on here so far since the end of August. It’s an all weekend Fall Festival where an entire street is closed off, booths are every where with gorgeous homemade items, the people who live on the street are friendly and some have garage sales. Talk about the right timing. Food, ice cream, funnel cakes, the historic museum is open, a re-enactment of the Civil War battle that took place there, pony rides, face paintings, bluegrass music band live, and they can be heard almost anywhere along the street. My favorite part is heading back to the vehicle to leave, and stopping by a local farmer’s home to buy the girls’ pumpkins. He grows some huge, some tiny, some fantastic, some gourds. The cool thing is, he is local. Right now I’m very much on a ‘screw the Wal-Mart Supercenters’ kick.
3. I’m a little saddened that my oldest daughter won’t be with us tomorrow. She was invited a month ago to head to Carowinds, the cool amusement park in N.C. I love it there too. Though I haven’t been in years. In fact, last time I was there, they had recently put in their stand-up roller coaster, if that tells ya it’s been awhile. I’m thankful she gets to go though. She’s been once but was much younger and I know she’ll enjoy herself. I’m considering waiting until Sunday to attend the festival, so she can go. But, Sunday is when the booths start packing up, the band starts shutting down, and the actors in the Civil War battle stay on the ground too long, scaring children who think they are dead, for real.
4. I’m very thankful for the wonderful, mild weather. Not too hot, not too cold, just perfect.
5. I’m thankful that the mountains here are starting to change colors and I cannot wait to take a stroll or ride and just stop every where to snap some photos. I actually have a photo of me in the fall of 2000, when my best friend and I started making this a tradition of sorts. Our grannies had passed away on the same day that year, who both raised us ironically enough. They passed away September 12th, 2000 so the photos were a way of passing time.
6. I read everyday tips on organizing, decor, storage, ect. I love the idea of being organized and super creative with decor. I love the idea of having a budget. I am thankful that for months now I have poured over articles, printed out list, tried to stick to a routine, and I finally realized, I’m just not organized. I can be creative with something to go by. Budget………..ummm……….. I have picked up on one small saving tip. That’s when I balance my checkbook, to round up or down. Example if I have $30.36 in my checking and I subtract $10, I leave off the $0.36. Or if I make a direct deposit of $40.25, I’ll only add the $40. It’s tricking my mind into leaving some change in there. I just began, so more on this later. I think the hard part will be when my statement comes via email, and my mind will see what my balance is. Kinda hard to trick my mind like that. lol
7. I am thankful that out of all the articles I have went through, I did pick up on a wonderful tip that I’m sure everyone in the world knows about…………..but I just discovered, vinegar cleans almost anything! lol
8. I am impatiently waiting for my samples of Perfectly Posh skin products. Patience is a virtue I lack, and sensitive skin or at least on my face is tiring. This product is supposed to be wonderful at balancing out dry/oily skin, not breaking out sensitive skin, and lots of other good things. If I enjoy the product and can stand by what it represents, then I think I may start selling it on the side. I have sold Beauti Control products which was mostly make-up but had other products like cleansers, toners………….this was 2003. Business was rather good. I remember being excited that a lady I met on AOL Blogs way back, lived in N.Y. and she frequently visited my website of Beauti Control and became a very reliable customer. Wish I could remember her name.
9. Happy I bought some black nail polish while at the mall and Justin Timberlake’s C.D. ‘The 20/20 Experience’. I like all the songs,some more than others. The nail polish, I go through stages on and off where I will have my nails professionally done. Then after about 4 months of having to go get refills, and they frankly start being more of a hassle, I usually end up soaking them off myself in fingernail polish remover, then go a few weeks having to file my nails and the thick ‘fake parts’ off. Then I keep them clipped short. For some reason black looks very well on my short fingernails, and somewhat fat fingers. So, until next time I decide my manicure needs extra, I’m content.
10. I’m thankful I had time to write out my Ten Things of Thankful. Glad I remembered to head over to Considerings. I enjoy taking time out to share little things and I hope this one is a valid ‘thankful’. It isn’t a cop out because I couldn’t decide on a 10th thing to share. I truly am glad I remembered.
What are you most thankful for this week? Link up at Lizzi’s and share!!