1. I am grateful to everyone who has served, still serves, and plans to serve in a branch of America’s military. They risk their lives when they don’t have too, and even if no one agrees with everything on the political side, we in America should all be thankful for our soldiers!
2. I am thankful that my best friend and I have spoken for the first time since October. We are related through marriages, and for all intent and purposes, she is my sister. We both mess up, get mad, but I have missed her horrible, and blood may be thick, but she chooses me as family, the same as I do her.
3. I am very sad that I planned on doing things with my girls this weekend, but their father had planned a beach trip and so I compromised when I truly wanted to be difficult. I am thankful they are okay, get to spend time with him, his mother, their aunt and cousin. I am thankful for them both.
4. I am 38 yrs old, and frankly, I have always been in what I consider long term relationships. The one I had to end had ran for 9 yrs. But back and forth for 15 yrs. I absolutely was not in a healthy relationship. My girls no longer felt safe. People can be judgemental but not all women stay because they are weak, scared, or believe they deserve to be treated with disrespect. I was trying to keep my girls happy while I was miserable. I had to get out of it and it’s not been easy. His family’s involvement, moving my life out of his house, and it felt like such a waste of half my life. But then I realized I am thankful I finally told my girls, I stayed with him 2 yrs longer than I should have, trying to keep them from hurting. But I needed them to know a man does not treat a woman that way, so lead by example. I’m thankful I made the decision.
5. This is in reference to # 4 – I decided I had to get out of the mess I was in, stop trying to hide behind my bipolar disorder to avoid life, and make a change positive for my girls. Along the way a friend was by my side. Actually, he tried being there, but I was worried over the problems it would cause. As this man made me laugh, after walking in and seeing me crying over my now ex, and as he showed me compassion, understanding, and how someone should treat me, I realized this man was more to me than a friend. He became my best friend, but I wanted more. He give me time. And then hearing him say he loved me, I am so thankful I found love again, because I was jaded and done.
6. I am thankful for the people in my life that have still stuck around.
7. I am thankful that I have been inspired to show both my blogs attention. Depression and writer’s block took their toll.
8. I am thankful for everyday that I get a chance to become stronger.
9. I’m thankful to all of you wonderful people who take the time to read this and comment. It means a lot.
10. I am thankful that I can sometimes remember to reflect on the good instead of all the bad and it turns out, my blessings outweigh the negative.
Shout out to Lizzi and her TTOT. You show strength by being thankful and keeping up with your blog. I admire your strength through the hard times and hope for you to have happy roads ahead.
I cannot make excuses for earlier in the day as to why I hadn’t posted as of then. I can say by 9 p.m. I was ready to sign on and post Day 4 for NaBloPoMo at Yeah Write. Somehow my daughter had decided Real Player Cloud wasn’t doing something right, at which time she decides to download “regular Real Player”. The problem came from the fact Real Player is already installed on the computer. Determined though, she went ahead to try to download it again It proceeds to tell her Real Player is already installed and if she wants the latest installment to override the 1st, she needed the administrator of the computer to type in the password. This is the part where she comes to get me from folding laundry. I came to check it out and simply click “no” do not continue with this installment. However, what she did get to download without the administrator’s password was a brand new toolbar that I had never heard of and wasn’t happy with.
I use Google Chrome and have everything synced just the way my OCD self likes it. So, I go to the control panel and uninstall this toolbar. Then I log her out and switch users. Once I am logged on and click on Google Chrome, a strange toolbar appears at the top of my page. With frustration I return to the control panel and tried to uninstall this program again. The control panel had that this program had already been uninstalled. I then click on my Google extensions and there was the toolbar enabled. I removed it from Chrome. I ended up not being able to view anything so I had to do a system repair. While waiting I fixed myself a hot pocket, was messing around with my Wandering Jew starters, and things like that. I get back to the computer, refreshed and ready to use. Sign on and the clock says 11:58. I was sending a photo of my Wandering Jew to my computer to show anyone whom follows me and understands that for almost a year my Wandering Jew would not wander. It’s been said it’s a “Stay At Home Jew Plant”. Then a good friend showed me how to create the starters, , and then once they root in the water, place them back into the pot and waalaa………………. a gorgeous thick Wandering Jew Plant.
There’s my story………… the toolbar that was awful and photos not sending from my phone at an amazingly awesome speed, along with me not doing a post earlier anyway…….. so it is now 12:37 a.m. Eastern time and I have ran into Day 5. I hope this doesn’t count me out on posting everyday for 30 days. I fully intend to post Day 5 and post it at a much earlier time than I planned on posting Day 4. Hopefully, because I began this post right at midnight, this will count as 1 day, day 4. If it doesn’t, that’s okay too. I still plan to participate and give 100% to NaBloPoMo. I knew it would be a challenge for me to post everyday, but even if some days run together, it’s a good feeling and good practice for me on writing. Now, the photo of the month – my pride and joy – Wandering Jew Plant as of November 2013. Also, thank you to everyone who has stopped by and thank you to everyone who has commented. I am slowly making my way around blogs,so I will get to all of yours.
handy dandy notebook